Mother's Day

I'd just like to start out by saying that if any of you think that you have the best mom in the world, you're wrong.

(Mom and me when I was about two weeks old.)

She helps me out literally ALL the time and is always there for me.

She's amazing and I hope and pray that I can give Grace all of the guidance and values that her and my father instilled in me as I was growing up.

I love you mom!! Thank you so much for all you do for us on a daily basis. I don't know how we'd get by without your unconditional love and support.

Last year on Mother's Day, I was this pregnant:


Crazy, right?!

We celebrated, but it just wasn't the same as this year.

When you're pregnant, you imagine what it'll be like to be a mother and have this precious baby to love and raise, but you have no idea about the kinds of changes that are about to consume your life.

It's totally an emotional roller coaster in the beginning because you have no idea what you're doing (thanks again Mom for coming over every single day and showing me the ropes. I couldn't have done it without you!).  I remember Isaac asking me if I was ready to go home from the hospital after our three day stay when we had Grace. I totally was not ready to go home. I loved being the hospital just because it felt so safe. I knew that if I messed up or did something wrong there were doctors and nurses everywhere.

You love this new little life so much, and it's SCARY since so much can go wrong.


I remember thinking it'd be easy to maintain my current job and motherhood wouldn't phase me at all.

Yah...right.

Another reason my mom is so special is because she watches Grace every morning so I can go to work. I've been working half days since I had Grace and am so lucky to be able to do so.


When you have a baby, you devote all of your time to being a mother. You don't have time to go to the gym every night anymore or meet up with friends for drinks with your husband. It's been different only going places that are kid-friendly, but I secretly love it. I've wanted a baby ever since I can remember and spending time being a "family" is the most precious thing in the world to me.


My life is so different from what I expected, but I couldn't and wouldn't ask for anything better:

(Grace and me when she was about two weeks old.)

Seeing Grace's little face light up when I walk into the room and feeling her little head rest on my shoulder when she cuddles up to me is the greatest thing in the world, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm so blessed that I was chosen to be the mother of this beautiful, precious, curious, wonderful, funny, silly little girl:


Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing moms out there that are working so hard to make a beautiful life for their little ones.

You are all amazing!!!

I woke up on Mother's Day to Isaac wanting to go out for breakfast.

I called my mom and told her to get ready.

An hour later, we picked her and my sister up and headed to Blueberry Hill:


This place is extra special to us because when my sisters and I were younger, our parents would take us there for breakfast every Sunday.

We would all get a hot chocolate with a chocolate chip cookie stuck in the whipped cream topping.

It seems like yesterday...only now we are all grown up and have gone our separate ways to live our grown up lives.

Our Mother's Day tradition has always been to go to the City of Henderson Artfest with my mom.

After breakfast, we carried out our tradition:


It was gloomy and windy, but we still managed to have a great time.

Isaac got a funnel cake (his fav), and I gave Grace a taste:



We also drank some homemade root beer as we checked out all of the artists' booths.

My favorite was the sidewalk art section.

It seems to get bigger and bigger each year.

Most of the artists are art students, and they really do an amazing job with chalk:



The best one was still being worked on, but it was stunning and definitely caught everyone's eye:


So beautiful, and such amazing detail:


After Artfest, we headed home for a nap while Isaac cleaned the whole house.

When we woke up, Grace chased Ca$h around the kitchen for a while:




Then my mom came over and we made her dinner.


We had our usual Fettuccine Carbonara (I'm going to get around to putting the recipe on here one of these days...promise) with Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.


The best part about the day?


Listening to Grace tell Grammy and Grandpa Rick bye-bye not once, but twice.


Cutest thing ever.


Totally made my Mother's Day!!


Now that I have my own child to care for, Mother's Day means so much more to me.


Not because I am now a mother, but because I finally understand how amazing my mom actually is for raising my sisters and I to be the women we all are today.


I love you, mom!

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week...

Last Week...

Mini Adult