My Biggest Accomplishment

Last year on Mother's Day, Charley was twelve days old.


Our usual Mother's Day tradition of walking around Art Fest on Water Street wasn't going to happen, so we decided to spend the day at home instead.

This year, we made sure to get back to the usual routine.

We invited Kim and Elijah to come with us, so we could get some time in with her for Mother's Day as well.


We headed down there Sunday morning after our usual Coffee Cup breakfast. I was surprised that it was much smaller than usual, but we still had fun despite the blazing heat.

Grace loved watching these beautiful wind chimes twirl around.


Charley was interested in some ladybug sculptures and shared Auntie's lemonade.


We got snow cones and made our way to the indoor portion quickly. It was so super hot!


Papa Rick even came, so of course Gracie got spoiled.


One of my favorite parts every year is the artists drawing such detailed pictures with chalk. They are so amazing to watch, because they have so much talent.




As the day wore on, it got hotter and hotter. Charley even took her dress off and hung out in her bloomers for a while.




We had a blast walking around checking out all of the booths.

Later in the day, we headed over to my dad's to take Ellie some flowers and spend a little time with her. Dad showed us his grape vines that are growing like crazy (he has such a green thumb), and we chatted for a bit.

The following week, I had a hair appointment with Lisa. We decided to celebrate that night at dinner since we live on opposite sides of town.

After my trim, we headed to Tivoli Village to have dinner at Cantina Laredo. The food and drinks were delicious, but the desserts were to die for.



After dinner, we hung out and enjoyed the live band. The girls danced up a storm and Charley was mesmerized by the lights all around the place.





It's pretty hard to fit all four of Isaac and my parents into each holiday, so we try to split it up as much as possible. Although it sometimes feels like a burden to have to bounce around from family to family every holiday, we know how lucky, blessed, and fortunate we are to have each of these sets of parents in our lives. Each one of them pushes us to be our best at all times and gives so much love to us and our girls. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Thank you to all FOUR of our moms for being so supportive and caring. We are so appreciative of each of you and love having you all so close to us. Thanks for all you've taught us, showed us, and given up for us.

I have two of the most funny, amazing little girls in the world that I get to call my very own daughters. I try to teach them everything that I possible can and give them the tools to be independent, intelligent, happy women some day. I hope that they will become mother's of their own daughters and enjoy the love and laughter that I get to each and every day.

Being a mother is the greatest gift on God's Earth, and I cherish it as my biggest accomplishment in life.

The girls and their teachers made me the sweetest gifts this year at school that just melted my heart. Homemade gifts like these ones are truly the best. Grace made me a sweet card with a handprint flower, and Charley made me a bouquet of flowers out of her tiny handprints. I couldn't wait to show them off at work, and they both sit on my desk for everyone to see:

 
 
 
I was searching for some photos to compare to Grace and Charley at their current ages, and came across these sweet pictures of my mom and I:





Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful moms out there <3

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week...

Last Week...

Our Last Baby is ONE!!