Stay This Way Forever

Grace is such a happy baby:


This week, I've come to the realization that she isn't going to be a baby for much longer.

BECAUSE...

We've discovered her FiRsT tOoTh!!


You can't see it very well, but it's there.

Just barely poking up through her gum on her left side.

So, now she LoVeS this:


And these are her new best friends:


I don't want to jinx anything, but we've been very lucky.

She hasn't been hardly any more fussy than usual (which is HaRdLy EvEr anyways).

I'm not sure why, but this first tooth is making me horribly sad. It just feels like my little baby is entering childhood. I guess I just assumed that she'd be a baby for a lot longer than this.

I always say, "I wish she'd stay this way forever."

But then she gets another week older...

and does something so sweet...

and makes her daddy and me laugh...

and learns something new...

and amazes us...

and then I say, "OK, now I wish she'd stay THIS small forever."

So I guess I'll continue to love her more and more each day even if she does get bigger, taller, stronger, older, and more independent.

I just can't believe time is flying so fast.

I mean, before we know it she is going to be getting her driver's license.

This LiTtLe tooth has taught me to embrace everything she does, no matter how small...because she's NOT going to stay this way forever no matter how hard I wish.

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week...

Last Week...

Mini Adult